Andrew de Celis
Communications + Technology
- I studied Law at the University of Technology, Sydney, and Health Studies at the University of Western Sydney.
- I decided to work at Gilbert + Tobin as it felt like a fresh and motivated firm with plenty of room for growth.
- I’ve rotated through various practice groups – Intellectual Property, Corporate Transactions and Communications + Technology.
- The best thing about my summer clerkship experience was forming strong friendships with my fellow clerks.
- The proudest moment of my career so far was when an important client whom I’d worked with closely on a large transaction took the time to call my supervising partner at the end of the transaction to tell him how valuable they thought I’d been on the deal.
- If I was Managing Partner at Gilbert + Tobin I would do everything I could to ensure that the firm retains its commitment to giving young lawyers a shot at taking on tasks which would normally be reserved for seniors.
- Gilbert + Tobin really stands out amongst other firms as its strong presence and reputation in the market means that it demands work of the highest quality, but it doesn’t suffer from the ‘old school’ ways embedded within the other firms who compete for this work.
- I’m an armchair expert in rugby league – I can’t get enough of it.
- My next holiday would ideally be in a small village somewhere in the Italian countryside where the food and wine is fantastic. Why? Because I love good food and wine and it would be a great place to relax and meet interesting people.
- If I was Prime Minister I’d immediately rule that fluoro coloured clothes are not permitted to be worn in public. It’s just not right!
- Spending time with my 1 year old daughter is my number one stress buster. She’s the funniest person on earth.