What we look for
At Gilbert + Tobin, we understand that everyone has different strengths and capabilities – in fact, that’s exactly what we’re looking for: a diverse mix of people who bring with them a broad range of skills, abilities and interests. We are looking for people who share our commitment to excellence and who want to give their legal career the best possible start.
We recruit for the future, so we’re always looking for people who have the potential to progress through the firm – intelligent, personable, committed individuals who are energetic and show good leadership qualities. At Gilbert + Tobin, we look for students who are bright, ambitious, and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have these qualities, G+T is the place for you.
When recruiting law students to join us as paralegals, summer clerks or graduates, we look for individuals who:
- are interested in the firm’s areas of specialisation and are career-minded
- are professional and highly motivated
- have strong academic results
- are friendly and personable
- are confident and strong communicators
- have experience outside of academic life, such as volunteer work, legal aid experience or general work experience
- have strong team skills and leadership potential.